Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 pages book. Write a good one.


It is the last day of the year 2014. Time wait for no man and it is the moment of reflection.

What have you achieved so far?
What are some of the things you've regretted?
What are you thankful for?

For me, 2014 has been a year of firsts for me. 

Welcomed new year overseas.
Dyed an extremely small part of my hair.
Attended cosplay events.
Completed a 42km marathon without training (and not forgetting, food poisoning the night before the race)
Scuba diving.
Removed an adult embedded tooth in the gum (God forbids a second time please).
Staycation with the girlfriends.
Unable to consume Christmas and wedding delicacies.

Well, it has been a year since Grandma left this world. The heart hasn't stopped loving and missing her, even up till this point of time.


-


Countdown with the girlfriends. Come to think of it, I've been meeting them quite frequently recently. Not that I am complaining about it. Anyway, Wei wanted to head to the Esplanade to enjoy the view of the fireworks. Despite my dislike for overpopulated places, I went ahead with them. I can't remember whether is this is my first countdown with them:/

And yes, I still can't chew solid food. So while they were having some delicious crunchy-looking tonkatsu, I was swallowing my chawanmushi, miserably. But because of the recent eating habits, I lost weight and it dropped to 49kg.



The crowd wasn't that intimidating yet when we arrived. Being experienced countdown-ers, Wei and KX (her boyf) led us to a space where they laid out her picnic mat (yeah, I am serious) for us to sit and wait. We made mindless small talks and took photos to kill time.

When it was time for the fireworks to shine, I was too engrossed in admiring the artworks of the sparks flying around in the sky to even record it down. I managed to take 2 shots but my photos do no justices. Need to work on my photography skills more.
Is it due to the strong emphasis on the SG50 this year that's why everything seemed to be so grand? Or is it just me who haven't watch a firework performance for eons?






New Year's Day. A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery. Today carve out a quiet interlude for yourself in which to dream, pen in hand. Only dreams give birth to change.


No comments: