Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The traveler sees what he sees.The tourist sees what he has come to see.


Objectives for the day: To explore XiMenDing, Shilin Night Market and watch the fireworks performance at Taipei 101.

We headed to XiMenDing with stomachs waiting to be filled:) As the shops will not be opened till late morning/early afternoon, we grabbed whatever we see because, our stomachs have been giving us gentle reminders since the moment we woke up.





THIS IS THE BOMB! (or shingz or whatever you call it) I absolutely love oyster omelette. Totally different from Singapore's-the oysters, the sauce...just simply sedap! Can never get enough of this.


Pan-fried carrot cake. 
Sauce really do make a lot of differences when it comes to the overall taste. Without the sauce, the carrot cake will be just...plain. With the sweet sauce, it is up another level. 

We spotted a shop with so many cute socks! 3 for TWD100-What a steal! Being the typical Singaporean, see good deals confirm buy! (pardon for the Singlish,hahas!)

3 for SGD 4.36. Cheap right?!

The weather was cooling (at about 16-18 degree) and being the weirdo, I craved for icy cold desserts (I love eating ice cream on rainy days). Don't judge me please, hahas! Due to walking aimlessly, we saw a shop that sells shaved ice. Jia Lin have been spontaneous about it. I pity that she has such an unpredictable friend who comes up with random (sometimes crazy) suggestions. I guess sometimes because of my enthusiasm, she finds it difficult to reject me,hahas!






She chose mango shaved ice and I opted for Matcha(obviously!). Everyone around the shop shared a bowl between 2. We were the only ones who had 1 each and even finished it. Crazy right? People were giving us the are-they-nuts? look though, hahas!


The all-time favourite, die-die-must-eat-when-I-come-Taiwan's 地瓜球 (potato balls). I had this almost every day.











The crowd was crazy, more so with the roads being blocked. Everyone was just prepping and finding their spots. 
Alcohols, checked.
Snacks, checked.
Picnic mats, checked.
Company, checked.






Here's to the start of the 2015!

No comments: