Wednesday, February 18, 2015

If baking is any labor at all, it's a labor of love


So my brother and I have decided to try to bake pineapple tarts for Chinese New Year this year. Well, we baked twice, using 2 different recipes. The first one wasn't that good but the second one was way better. I actually wanted to challenge the melt-in-the-mouth version but we ran out of fillings. 
Because the fillings are the toughest part, I bought the ready-made packet one from NTUC, which turned out to be a bad choice.

Nevertheless, this was just a trial to have a feel of it. Depending on the circumstances next year, we may try to make the fillings. Here's a photo of the tarts:

Despite the cracked appearances, the taste turned out fine.


On my own (on another particular day), I found a recipe online for Japanese Souffle Cheesecake and I attempted it. The results... yeah, I was satisfied! The tone of brown was so nice that I couldn't help staring at it, hahahas! To the extend where my family thought I was nuts.

Come, I shall show you the photo of it: 
So pretty right?


Did the ganash pipping for it

And yes, the taste was good! It was popular among the young ones and I have gotten positive feedbacks. Oh so happy~

My next challenge will be a chocolate cake, not just any chocolate cake but a rich and choclately one, oh the yums;)


No comments: