Saturday, May 3, 2014

You don't need a silver fork to eat good food.


“The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook.” 


Alright, friends of mine know absolutely well that I love buffets and I can eat for hours. No, hang on, strike that. I love eating. My weight, obviously, suffers the most and exercising twice a week is not really useful. Actually I am on a quest to reduce my weight to 48kg (I am, ahem, 50kg currently). I realised that once one hits the 50 mark, it is difficult to reduce to the 40 range. I want to challenge this theory, hence explaining my mission. But that aside, that is not what this post is about.

I came across this Korean Buffet deal on deal.com.sg so I decided to purchase it again. First time I ate with Jia Lin and I was totally hooked. I paid about $29 per pax for the first round and $28 this time. 

Damotory Korean Wine House is situated in Robertson Walk, a place which is pretty happening at night for it's big screen projectors broadcasting live soccer matches at almost every pubs and restaurants. Grab a couple of friends, get a tower of beer and cheer/boo accordingly. This is why I love to walk around Clarke Quay on a saturday night, so many interesting people to observe and of course, the night scene.



They have nice interior designs, quite homely I will add. They have 2 types of dining seats-sitting cross-legged on the floor or on the chair. First time I sat on the chair so this time I chose to sit cross-legged. Poor companion of mine has to endure the few hours, eating with much difficulties because he isn't as flexible as me,hahas!


Drinks are not included and wastage is charged at $10 per 100g. No fear for us because we can finish what we order. Oh the confidence!
The thing about this restaurant is that their food come in big portions so my suggestion is, order what you want to try first because at the end of the second round, your stomach may be partially full. So below are some of the dishes we ordered. There are more but I was too eager to start and totally forgot to snap the previous dishes.

Spicy sausage and cheese.
When spicy is part of the name, never ever underestimate their spiciness. I love spicy food and I think this represents the true definition of spicy. Shiok!

Clear Mussel Soup.
Bean Sprout Soup.
We tried the Beef Rib Soup too and it totally stole our hearts! The beefs are soft and the soup is tastier, compared to these 2. Sun Tang likes to drink soups hence the reason why we ordered 3 bowls. I tried Spicy Tofu and Seafood soup at my previous visit and I love it too! Oddly, it wasn't as spicy as I thought it will to be.

Spicy BBQ wings.
You have to eat this while it is hot. Once it turns cold, it won't taste as nice. We saw this dish on other tables and Sun Tang said we should order since so many people are having it. This level of spiciness, MacDonald Level 4 Mala Burger cannot compete. But still, shiok!

Pork Cutlet.
Not bad. It is quite crispy and the sauce is a little sweet yet sour at the same time. Similar to Spicy BBQ wings, best eaten warm.

Salmon Salad.
I absolutely adore this dish! Yes, I have a weak spot for salmons and sashimi and that is one of the reasons why I can't go vegan. I ordered this twice on that night and previously with Jia Lin, we ordered this dish twice too. You can see how fan crazy I am over salmons. Hands down!

Last but not least, we ended our dinner with a plate of Fruits Salad that comprised of apples, oranges, grapes, dragon fruit, kiwi and pear. A truly refreshing end to the night!


I was a little down because we didn't eat Toppokki. Sun Tang forgot to order my favourite dish, like how can you not eat Toppokki when you are in a korean restaurant?! That is one of the must-eat food. But nevertheless, I tried it before with Jia Lin. Another dish which is also spicy-overloaded, only for the strong.



Weekends tend to be crowded and busier hence their services were slow, and that includes the food services. We waited and watched korean MVs for about 5-15 minutes before we managed to snag the attention of one of the staffs. It got faster and better at the later part of the night but nevertheless, the food were enjoyable. My night would have been perfect if I ate Toppokki. 
The Peach Vitamin Tea hits the sweet spot and for detoxing effects, go for the Korean Green Tea. Both drinks are priced at $3 each.


I don't mind going back there again if I have the deal vouchers. It is pretty pricey to dine without the discounts.

No comments: