Sunday, November 10, 2013

My words of gratitude


Psalm 136:1
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.

It has been 6 days since the depart of my Grandma. Got to say the past few days haven't been easy-sleepless nights and all. But I have been praying to God for strength, peace and comfort to tide through this and fixing my eyes on Him solely.

We cleared her barangs today-her clothes, her handbags etc. Yes, the heart still aches and misses her. When we disposed the garbage bags that are filled with all of her items, I feel like I am erasing traces of her presence from the house. Right now what's left is the bed and some important documents. Soon, the bed will be gone. This is reality, I've slowly come to accept the fact that she is no longer on earth.

I've got to say I am feeling better, slowly stepping out; baby steps with God holding my hands, supporting and guiding me. One day, I will be able to look back through the memories and photos, smiling instead of tearing up. It it not now but I believe that time will come:')
I can say I had matured more in terms of thinking and behavior wise. Now whatever I do, it is not only about me, my actions and consequences will affect the people around me. Sounds so grown-up right?;)

Anyway, moving on. The key point of this post is to say...
To all of you people out there who have been constantly encouraging and supporting me through texts and messages from whatsapp to Facebook etc.

I couldn't have gone through this whole heart-wrecking event without you chingus(friends) (and not forgetting God). Honestly, I was very extremely surprised by friends who gave me words of encouragements. Most are those whom I haven't spoken to for quite some time. It was a pleasant surprise because they reminded me that I was never alone. This was also a good chance to reconnect again so I thank God for each and every one of you:)


Special shout outs to God(obviously!) for being there, answering my prayers and giving me never-ending supports, comforts and strength. 
To my family for the constant prayer support, encouragements and the shoulder(s) for me to cry on. I believe the bonds between us got stronger and closer than before.
To Jia Lin for being my 'mum', who has always been encouraging, nagging at me and making sure that I had my meals. I must have hurt and scare you a lot with my emotional behaviors and random outbursts. You have been so patience and understanding. For coming down to the wake, your support meant so much to me.
To Shun Hui for the constant prayer supports through iMessage and the non-stop spamming of bible verses. Those were timely reminders:) 
To Royston for tagging me in those funny videos. I am so so so sorry that I couldn't laugh out from watching those. Your efforts are truly appreciated by moi
To the level 3 staff workroom colleagues for the kind contributions and messages. To Mr Toh for attending the wake, constant encouragements, concerns and prayers.

If I were to write a thank-you speech to each and every one of you, the post can go on forever so I will just name a few. Don't worry if you never see your names here, you will be remembered in my heart:)


Colossians 3:15-17
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.


Once again, THANK YOU! very very very much to you, you, you and you. Words and actions can't express how thankful I am for all of you people. It may seems as though as you never do much but every gestures-from small to big-meant a lot to me. I will personally deliver a hug to each and every one of you, if that is even possible, hahas!

God bless and have a happy weekend!
Cheerios!

No comments: