Friday, January 11, 2013

Goodbye 2012,Hello 2013


I know I am a tad late but accept my apology.I have been busy to the extend that I am neglecting my little space here.So here is a belated New Year entry to all.

So first and foremost, this is to the non-believers of 'the-world-ends-in 21 December 2012' crap,congratulations for surviving 2012!& obviously by surviving, I meant those shits, troubles, obstacles and whatever nonsensical dramatic events that you have gone through.

Also, if you are a believer of 'the-world-ends-in-21 December 2012' theory, congrats to you for 'escaping death'!So when is the next predicted death?



"I am currently making some changes in my life. If you don't hear from me anymore, you are probably one of them"  


2012 has gone by in a flash. A lot had happened-the good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly. I went through ups but at the same time, there were downs too.
So apparently, I didn't proceed with the overseas studies though I got an offer from the University of Queensland. There has been some changes to the plan. Right now, I am unsure of continuing with sports science and I don't want to rush into it. I want to be 100% certain and say: 'Yes, this is what I want to do.'


"Over the past year,I've lost friends, gained enemies & people who don't like me but I don't care anymore."

I  guess one of the biggest and drastic decisions I have ever made was leaving Team Genesis. As the saying goes: you gained some, you lose some. Leaving Team Genesis reduced my social life and friends and I have to say it took me a huge amount of courage to do that. Through this, I have learnt a lot-the good and the bad sides of humans. At times I miss our friendships but I also know that it is impossible to go back to those good old times. I dealt with my emotions, I have gotten over it and I am done with it,period.



“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something. So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. 
Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life. Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever.” ― Neil Gaiman 


I won't start doing the new year resolution or whatnot because apparently, I don't follow them. I just want to live each day, take one step at a time and commit everything to God. I believe all will be in His hands.

So what am I doing now?I am currently working in a school as a teacher assistant. I must thank God for this because I have gained valuable advises from teachers around me who have been working in this field for years. But then again, working in a school means self-control and discipline. Meaning, no holding hands in public, no close intimacy with either the opposite or same gender, must maintain my image because I will never know who will see me and etc.
I have to take note of what I post/tweet/share on social networking sites. It feels like I am living in a communist country,hahas!Even now,I can't blog freely like last time. I may even consider locking this blog for security reasons.hmm.

But on the greener side, it is an eye-opening experience, considering the fact that I am in the discipline committee.

YES,there ain't any typos neither are your eyes playing tricks on you.Me, CHARLENE, is in the discipline comm. *throw head back and laugh wickedly*
You see my pattern, in which area am I fierce? I don't even look fierce. Many commented that I am most likely to be bullied, like I know right!

& I am the other teacher-in-charge for Chinese Dance. *throw head back and give a witch laughter*
Actually seeing the girls practice makes me miss chinese dance. I may ask the instructor if I can join in the practice too. *leggings and shorts on standby*


This is getting a bit too wordy. I shall end it off with a happy note!

“Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right,"  
― Oprah


This year is another opportunity for us to "get it right." This is our chance to start fresh -- with a positive attitude -- and open our arms and hearts to the possibilities of new beginnings.
Whatever happened in 2012 stays in 2012.
May 2013 be a fruitful year and God bless!
:]

No comments: