Sunday, March 25, 2012

God is our refuge

What is the meaning of refuge?
Ans: a place of safety.

Like King David,we can run to God:

because HE is our deliver
because HE is our hope
because HE is merciful


In the book of Psalm 62, we see that King David waited silently for God. When we face challenges, do we seek God first? or do we take it at our own hands? Do we wait upon God patiently? Do we press on even though our situation is rough? Waiting upon God is an ACT OF FAITH. My hope is on God alone.

In the heart,some of you may say, so easy to talk, to do is different. Or we may also say we will never meet that kind of expectation, too high for me. While I was silent before God, I came to realise one very important thing in us, ie, a "ME first attitude". We have to put off this thinking by:

first "submit to God" James 4:7,
second "draw near to God" James 4:8 and
third "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord" James 4:10.

The key to success is to PUT GOD FIRST. Ask yourself this question : are you willing to let God stretch you? are you willing to come out of your comfort zone? Nothing is too difficult if you put God first. God's grace is sufficient for you. Your ability to face the future with all of its challenges depend upon your willingness to let God be in control of your life. If we do not shift our thoughts and adjust our actions accordingly, we will remain as the prisoners of the past. We will never be properly prepared to face the future and take full advantage of the opportunity made to us. God who changes the hearts changes the inner life of man. When we changed on the inside, the results of that change then flow on the outside.Do you all agree?

Take Psalm 91 as your personal prayer today. (For those who do not have a Bible, I type out the whole book of Psalm 91.)

He who dwells in the shelter of the most high will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress" my God, in whom I trust."
Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
If you make the Most High your dwelling- even the LORD, who is my refuge-
then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
Because He loves me, "says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

Good friday is a time to remind us that Jesus has died on the cross for all of us. Take this time to fast and pray and ask God for forgiveness for all our sins. God is unlimited and HE sees them all.

-

I have been worrying about:
What if I cannot get into Uni yet I have rejected the RI job?
What if I got the RI job but I got accepted into Uni?Which one should I take up?
Should I take a break from studying and work around for 1 year first?
What if I reject the uni's offer,will I be able to get it again next year?What if I regret later on?
If I continue studying,I will be very broke.Will I be able to study peacefully without worrying about money issues?

I am clouded by so many worries and thoughts that I have failed to seek God about it.
This whole passage is a good reminder of committing everything into His Almighty Hands. I am not going to worry about all these anymore because He has His plans for me and I will humbly follow.He knows what is the best for me.

So if anybody were to ask what are my plans,my reply will be:God's plan is my plan.

Thank you,Lord:)


No comments: