Thursday, September 19, 2019

It’s better to burn out than it is to rust


"In dealing with those who are undergoing great suffering, if you feel “burnout” setting in, if you feel demoralized and exhausted, it is best, for the sake of everyone, to withdraw and restore yourself. The point is to have a long-term perspective."


This burnt out came at the wrong time. I've got a title to defend, a world stage to take on and the pressure to perform. Upcoming Sunig is not going to be easy, other teams are getting stronger and their desire to claim the title is real.

I started having doubts and questioned myself, a lot recently. I need time but it is not on my side. I just need a small flame of passion to ignite the motivation, desire and determination to go all out. Right now, I am like an empty shell during training sessions.
I want a break, a rest so that I can go further. But...

I cannot afford to withdraw and restore now. I cannot be taken down mentally, not right now if not the whole team is going down.
How now, brown cow?

T-3

No comments: