Monday, December 31, 2018

Whatever good things we build end up building us

How time flies and it is the end of 2018. Looking back, this is certainly a year of many 'firsts' and changes.


  1. Being (almost) fully independent -a huge leap of faith
  2. Baptism -the dying of old self and risen with Christ in me
  3. Being a full time university student in SIT -losing sleep, rushing assignments, encountering irritating teammates/course mates etc.
  4. Getting 1st for SUNIG 2018 and team of the year -yay to the chance of representing Singapore for Asia Pacific University
  5. Getting a pass for Anatomy and Physiology when I thought I will fail because the topics I studied were not tested. Yet getting a D for Psychology when I expected an A -shit happens, Murphy's Law zz
  6. Underwent a surgery to repair my grade 3 ligament tear with general anesthesia -ligament was torn for 2 years without knowing. Being on cast with wire and stitches in public restored some faith in Singaporeans humanity 
  7. Spending Christmas and New Year in Singapore after many years being abroad during these festive seasons -it have been really warm. Where are you, my chilly winds?



Being an allied health student is really no joke. My social life plummeted, my life revolved around the different modules, I never see the light whenever I leave SIT (on the verge of staying overnight), my eye bags and dark circles are turning me into a panda (hopefully not my size) and Anatomy and Physiology are constantly encouraging me to take the withdrawal form. I am ok with Physiology but not Anatomy. The latter is obviously testing and pushing the limits of my goldfish memory. I mean, I failed my OPSE but hey, I am not upset. In fact, I kind of expected it. The worst news? There will be more throughout these 4 years -never ending amount of anatomy. That's the, er, basic of an allied health student I guess.

But it's ok. God will bring me through it. If He puts me there, He will see me through it. Let 2019 be a year of strengthening faith, building resilience, encouraging perseverance and spreading positivity. Bring it on!


But first, let me enjoy nua-ing around for the last week of my holidays (sobs) until the next term begins. I'll miss you, my holidays, and I'll see you in April (double sobs)


No comments: