Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind


It's pretty scary to know how quickly time flies.


It has been 2 years since I have started my career in the social service sector. Honestly, I have never seen myself going into this industry, more so being a youth worker especially after working 1 year in Dunman Secondary School. 

But look, God does wonders. This is not a route that I would have chosen for myself. This job was practically God-given and I will always be thankful for that. However, there is always an end to everything.

I have gained a lot during my time here, from colleague and intern-turned-friends to the art of handling youths. These are valuable experiences that I will keep close to my heart. I have grown a lot to the point where it is time for me to venture into another area- an area where I have always wanted to serve and that is the elderly. 

I applied for different fields, some related to my current studies, some related to my current job. I prayed (still praying, actually) for God's plan to be revealed, I prayed (and again, still praying), asking God not to open so many doors so that I will not get confused, I prayed (yes, still praying) and gave (still giving) thanks for the blessing showered. 

31 July 2017 is the end of the YDC chapter in my life.

1 August 2017; what come may.
I am excited to start another journey, a new chapter.
Yes, I am fearful of the unknowns but I have God on my side
and He is all I need.

#teamjesus 

No comments: