Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.


“I am not the same, 
having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.”


And this marks the end of my (semi) solo Aussie trip. It has been remarkable and rewarding, praise God for His divine protection and blessing. Not forgetting those who have been in contact with me, keeping me in prayers and ensuring that I am safe. Thank you lovelies, you guys made this trip slightly better, reminding me that I am not alone when I got a little homesick.

Through this journey, I grew and changed. I feel that I have become more courageous, independent and strong-minded. I have made friends along the way, whether they are here to stay or are just passing clouds, I am still thankful for the opportunity to know them. For the times with some of the family members, thank you for hosting and taking care of me. The worrywarts back home can breathe for a few days because of the companionship.

There were a lot of 'first' in this trip. First time driving in Australia, first time driving at night with worries that the wild wallaby may jump out anytime, first time speeding at 100km/hr without the fear of getting a speed ticket etc. Among all the firsts, the most memorable one will be exploring a city alone - imagine the mix emotions of fear, excitement etc as you take the first step out.

This is just the beginning of my solo trip adventures. The world is your oyster so...here's to more solo trips in the future;)


Now, with God and a refreshed mind, I will say...Bring it on!


No comments: