Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Faith warrior


This morning, I find myself drifting away from God and I kept asking why is my faith in Him decreasing? What am I going to do to restore my faith? I don't want to drift away from him.

God is amazing,really. No, strike that. He is BEYOND amazing. He always has a way of reminding us. No, I am not complaining. In fact, I am thankful for it. An example will be an email received from my aunt. A sharing that answered my questions.


Last Friday marked the 3 months of GEM. It was a wonderful night and dwelling in God’s presence. I remembered during one of my quiet time did ask God what is He bringing me to the next season of GEM, yet to show me. Actually I have been praying that I can have a glimpse of His Face for the past GEMs, but I’m still yet to see His Face.

During our worship in GEM, I saw a shield with a cross at the centre. I saw 2 other things, one of which Pst Dom already shared.But since I saw the shield first so I will share on that.Immediately I remembered the verse Eph 6:16, “In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed by satan. 
What is faith?reliance, loyalty, or complete trust in God, a system of religious beliefs.(from Bible Dictionary/Concordance) But I still like the meaning in the Heb 11 : 1-2 “It is the confidence, assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot see God give approval to people on days of old because of their faith. 

Shield of faith must be lifted up in every battle so that it can be use to its potential. Shield of faith not only apply to your own battle, it can help to shield our fellow brothers/sisters, families, friends, church as we stand together as a body of Christ. Just imagine with me, if one of us being attack, we lift up our shield (through prayers, encourage them in God’s words) and formed a circle around him/her because during the battle, honestly we are weak. But when each of one lift up the shield of faith surround him/her, indirectly protect her/her from the fiery arrows with another great protector above us that is Our Father, Jesus. Remember the battle belong to Him.

Shield of Faith come with our commitment to read and mediate on God’s words and listening to His Heart(Faith come by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, Heb 10:17). Lord, train our physical ears and the ears of our heart to hear and yield when you speak). I agree sometimes is very hard to exercise our faith when the battle tough. But in Heb 11:1-2, it says “It is the confidence, assurance (in God) that what we hope for is going to happen (according to His Will). God is a promise keeper. 

So no matter what battle we are in now, take up the shield of faith and see God at work. God is with us in the battle, so are your brothers/sisters who are taking up the position of shield of faith with you also. Press in to see the victory that God is going to give us. To some, the shield of faith is nothing new. But I just feel that we need to remind ourselves to lift up the shield of faith during our battle.

God bless and have a great week ahead!
Cheerios!


No comments: