Sunday, June 2, 2013

The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.

02.06.2013

The day Wynn and Rezal tied the knot. 
*Just a head's up,Rezal the groom used to be my national coach (but I stopped playing nationals since last year) and Wynn the bride was one of my closer teammate in the national squad.

I am deeply honored to be invited to witness the Malay solemnization between the 2 of them. It was a good experience because I have never attended a Malay-Chinese marriage before. In case you are wondering, nope,they did not have a void deck wedding reception. This couple is more atas, they had their wedding reception at Botanic Gardens, Burkill Hall.
Oh and Wynn totally looked like a Malay!Wow,the power of make-ups. But I've got to admit that the costumes are really pretty:)

With the bride's family
Poor them.They kept smiling at different cameras for nth times.Marriage is a tiring thing that one must undergo eh?
Inception


Dinner reception was buffet style at Burkill Hall at Botanic Gardens.Well, I was late because I got the location wrong. Supposed to go to Farrer ROAD station but I went to Farrer PARK station instead. Oh geez and I spent $7 cabbing into the place because,well, the last shuttle bus service ended by the time I reached and walking to the location from the station is definitely not a wise choice.

Thank God I met a really nice cab driver.I only had 10bucks with me and the cab doesn't have nets machine.

Me:'Hello uncle,do you accept nets?'
Uncle:'Nope girl.'
Me:'Oh dear.How much does it cost to get to this place?' *show him the invitation card*
Uncle:'Oh,it's quite near,just down there only.'
Me:'Will it cost more than $10?I only have 10 with me.'
Uncle:'Nah,it won't cost that much because it is just nearby.Don't worry,you get in first and I'll send you there.I won't accept anything more than $10.'

God bless this soul and thank God that good souls still existed,amen! I have been doing more nice deeds lately and the phrase 'what goes around comes around' is really true!

Polaroid spam:p
Did a little catch up with,well,not all of the ladies but those who are still on talking terms with me(or should I say those who are still willing to talk to me).Have to say that this has been a fruitful trip.I hesitated to go but in the end,I went(with a lil' push from ST,of course) because I've got my questions answered and more lessons learnt.  

"You see a person's true colors when you are no longer beneficial to their life."
"Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that some people only enter your life as a temporary happiness."


Once again, congrats to you both!May your marriage and the next part of your life be full of love,warmth and laughter. Words can't express how thankful I am to be able to witness the solemnization. Here's wishing you both a blissful and everlasting marriage.
xoxo


Hebrews 13:4-7 
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 
 "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" 
 Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.

No comments: